Friday, November 30, 2012

Grandma Sue Turns 95


















My Grandmother turned 95 this month.  I didn't get to celebrate her birthday with her because of the trip to court...that didn't happen.  Grandma liked my metal quilt, recognized the pattern (bow tie) and even had a few quilt stories to tell me as well as the story about her getting struck by lightening when she was a junior in high school.  Each time I visit her, I hear more layers to her stories.  One thing is for sure, I have the same survivor spirit that she had when she battled for her life at age 17.  She survived much, and I am proud to be her first grand daughter.  Hopefully, I will be able to spend her 96th birthday with her, and all my tribulations behind me.  You can hear Grandma Sue's story about her wedding day of YouTube....even though she doesn't know YouTube or anything about it, she allowed me to video her telling that story and I posted it a couple years ago.  I am so lucky to have a living Grandmother!

No comments: