Monday, April 15, 2013

Rubio The Stray Cat














I have one cat left over from the mama cat drop off last May.  I named him Rubio as he looks like a Rubio I used to know.  This week, I am going to try to raise the funds to have him neutered.  I think he will live longer.  It has been a couple years since I raised money to have Stubby the cat neutered and his broken canine extracted.  I have been hearing some bad reports about Stubby.  I wish I could do something to help him as well, but I am only one person...and I can't really bring him to Newark easily.  My neighbors (Frijolito Farm) says that Stubby has become really aggressive and runs off the other cats at feeding time.  That is not the Stubby I knew.  I have to figure that the new tenants on Paul Drive didn't want him around.  Stubby was pretty territorial and I imagine he didn't give up his deck easily.  Our neighborhood block watch has been highly visible and I noticed the signs that the council woman promised us were up today.  It is just a matter of time before we can take our neighborhood back from the druggies.  Two men were arrested at the local drug house on Friday.  That has been a long time coming as the property owner is actually a drug addict himself...rents to heroin addicts and crack whores.  There has been a shooting, multiple car break in's, and a robbery as a result of this one drug lord.  This is where Ohio landlord tenant law fails the whole community.  A tenant that is not the property owner can be immediately evicted without a court hearing for trafficking...not so when the landlord (property owner) is dealing drugs on the property.  The whole thing reminds me of my last landlord situation.  Maybe, if the druglord (property owner) is arrested, then the property can be taken away from them.  I confess, I just don't know.  But the drug house in our neighborhood is the source of most all the criminal activity, and it is a damn shame that the rest of us have to suffer because of it.  All that being said, I am looking forward to the next neighborhood block watch.  I believe the neighborhood is going to be safer for all of us, and all of our cats.

No comments: