Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Trend Analysis

 A couple of women in my drum group just spent 3 weeks in Paris France and they told me they saw feathers (like my metal ones) everywhere they went.  This is probably a very good sign as what goes fashion wise in Paris will probably be successful here in the states.

In keeping with my resolution to do more of what works and less of what doesn't work, I will be spending the afternoon replacing the feathers I sold at Solstice.  I have a couple of gift shops on my radar for this year in addition to checking back in with Flint Ridge Memorial Park Museum as soon as they open for the season.  If I can sell some more feathers through Flint Ridge and add another gift shop to my inventory, I will be doing more of what works.  I won't be doing any consignment deals though as consignment has never worked for me in the past, and most of my sales are right off of my neck.  I will also be seeking a matching grant to go with the one I just received from The Ohio Arts Council.  Apparently it is easier to get a grant if you already have a grant...which would also line up with my idea to do more of what works.  What I am trying to skirt altogether is wasting any time on things that I do that are about "the psychology of preinvestment".  If I can get beyond that kind of thinking, I am going to be ahead of the curve, and people who won't look at that hang up.

No comments: