Thursday, January 3, 2013

Winter Cleaning Spree












I have company coming to visit tomorrow and this weekend.  One, a new friend, and the other a friend I haven't seen hide nor hair of for over 20 years.  So yesterday, and today I have spent a lot of time cleaning my house and grocery shopping for my visitors.  I am excited about both sets of company as both visitors have expressed interest in buying some of my jewelry in addition to catching up on old and future times.  As you might expect dearest readership, I will be prepared to make jewelry on the spot and do a demo for my company.  I may not make it to the library to post a blog tomorrow (Friday) as I might have some last minute chores to do, and I am just not sure what time everything is happening.  But what a joy it is to be able to have people come visit me.  This is something that I could not have when I lived in Clintonville as I lived with a hoarder for 7 years.  The house on Paul Drive was not accessible to some of my friends...the steps were too steep and too many...and the distance too far.  I couldn't be more happy than I am to be able to have a clean home, and studio space safe from thieves.  I have been counting my blessings, and hopefully I won't lose sight of this good fortune.  If I ever leave where I am right now, you can be darn sure that I will not move in with a hoarder and a place that my friends can not just stop by.  It is hard for me to imagine how I ever settled for less.

No comments: