Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Favorite Day

In June 2006 I began drumming after several years not having the opportunity to drum.  It is not often that we know the feeling of "it just doesn't get any better than this"!  But I knew that day.  I really did.  I had the most ecstatic experience drumming with these people that day.  There really has not been another day that was quite like that day since, but I am grateful that I got to bask in the knowing of it!  We were drumming in front of the Norka mural that has since been covered up.  You may remember that I publicly opposed that deed, but it was clear that my protests would find little support as business always comes before art.  True to my nature as an art therapist I captured the essence of that day by painting 3 of the drummers into the mural onto my canvas.  I still have this painting, although the paints are gone.  I still have the memory of that day even though the mural and the people are no longer in my life.


No comments: