Sunday, January 6, 2013

Metal Quilt Will Travel!














The Quilt Of Elizabeth Brim will travel Ohio!  I am so excited to be part of this show and will try to get some more of these post cards to give and send to the friends who donated tins and helped me with the project.  I learned about being selected on Saturday when I was waiting for my company, and have been trying to get to the library and get started on press releases ever since.  It is not every day that I get to be part of a traveling show and exhibit my work, and since I am living in a cultural art desert right now, I am going to make the most of this opportunity... get my foot in the door for more opportunities.  It is hard to see my metal quilt in this postcard, but it is there almost where Newark would be...and to the left of the white square with a star in it.  I would love to be able to redo this card with my quilt enlarged and split off to the right...about where the square graphic under VSA is.  I wish I was better with computer graphics, photoshop etc.   I would do it in a heartbeat and I would find a way to fund it too!  The opening is March 2nd and I fear I won't have the money to print such a wonderful postcard in time.  I will just have to settle for this post card and will request more on Monday.  Maybe some of my readership can attend the opening in Westerville March 2nd.  There will be awards and prize money, so keep your fingers crossed for me.  I will post more details in the near future as events transpire. 

No comments: