Thursday, January 31, 2013

Portfolio Remake














I have been re-shooting some of my jewelry photos while I have some nice native American backgrounds in books from the library.  This one isn't too bad, although the flash is irritating.  I decided to polish this piece and try again with my finger blocking some of the flash.
  One thing led to another and I ended up adding my lightning bolts.  But...there doesn't seem to be a way to turn the picture around now that I have what I want, and without glare.  I need to start compiling a slide library to send along with grant applications.  They actually give away grant money to create this sort of work...but so far, I haven't been able to afford to find and pay a photographer to do it.  They call them "professional development" grants.  I can always retrieve this after it is published in picasa, then turn it, crop it, and then I will have one potential slide.  One down and 11 to go as most places want to see 12 slides of the artists work.

No comments: