Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Unbending Intent



Yesterday I wrote about the struggles and personal challenges involved with my disability. I find that the concept and practice of unbending intent is what helps me overcome these limitations. I took the Castaneda books very seriously when I read them in the late 1980's. I am getting ready to read them again to see if I can extract even more knowledge this time around.  You can access this Castaneda Book from my Amazon.com link that have replaced the AdSence Ads.  I think it is a better fit than AdSense.  At least I get to pick which products I actually endorse.  I may sell some of my feathers on Amazon after I get a feel for the site.

  When I make a silver feather in my studio, it involves hours and days in terms of time. It has taken years to develop and perfect them. I could not make them in a mass production manner as they would lose their magical potency. It is not a well known fact that Carlos Castaneda was also a silversmith. He did not like selling his work. He enjoyed making objects and giving them to his friends. His father was a goldsmith, and Carlos didn't like the idea of the jewelry and ornaments being locked up in a glass case in a store. I felt relief when I read that about him, as it is almost exactly how I feel when I make something.
Inspiration and unbending intent can take an artist far into a project, but it falls short of marketing and profiting from the product. Without physical silver and the tools to manipulate the silver, inspiration and unbending intent lay dormant. My tools and equipment have been gathered and collected over the years and lovingly taken care of. It saddens me when someone carelessly abuses or disregards tools that have been consecrated. It would be sad to not be able to enjoy the magic of creativity. I am filled with gratitude for the gift of inspiration and I affirm that I will do everything in my power to protect my magical space from those whose intent is to destroy and abuse. It is my intent to finish all that I have started in spite of disability and distraction. I demand that my enemies GET OUT OF MY LIGHT! And if they don't...I would respectfully request that the universe remove them and their obstacles from my path and my light. For the good of all, according to the free will of all so mote it be.

No comments: