Friday, July 29, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!


There won't be any cake for me this year as it is too hot to bake one, and I am too poor to buy one.  If I were to bake myself a cake, it would be like the one in this picture (even though I am 53 and not 1).  I am usually cash poor on my birthday and it is no exception this year, as I had to pay a portion of my landlords slumlords water bill in order to keep it turned on.  It was $150 more than I expected and then there is always The Bureau Of Motor Vehicles that take a nice slice out of my July check.  I had to make some serious choices this month in order to not pawn my Les Paul.  So that is what I plan to do today...invoke gratitude, and plug in my Les Paul and play a few tunes.  Thank you everyone who sent me birthday wishes on Facebook this morning.  I was shocked at how many people took the time to write.  Thank you for the cards and the phone calls.  It has been a very hard year for me and Syd.  I imagine that by next year I will be in a much better place and can have my cake and eat it too!

No comments: