Thursday, July 21, 2011

This Morning














My phone rang at 6:50 AM this morning.  I can hear the phone as a distant noise, but there isn't any time to get to the phone before the answering machine takes the call.  At 6:50 AM I wasn't going to get out of bed to go see what message was there, or who might call that early.  I had stayed up half the night watching a movie from the library, so I slept in and didn't listen to my messages until after ten.  The message on the recorder was a rooster crow.  Nothing else.  So the harassment has begun.  I don't answer my phone live anymore as I knew I would be harassed with bill collectors and sales people.  I am on a do not call registry, but it doesn't stop creditors and predators.  This call is not that hard to trace as my landlord doesn't approve of the next door chicken farm and is apparently ignorant of the fact that egg farms in the city do not have roosters!  It was a prank that will cause very little in way of making me move any quicker, or even get out of bed any earlier.  Juvenile and pathetic.  It says more about her character than it does mine.  Perhaps it is my 24 hour notice that they are coming to mow! 

No comments: