Thursday, July 25, 2013

Photo Tour Of East Newark














Yesterday, I cashed in a few months worth of aluminum cans at Sherman's Recycling.  On my way home I stopped and snapped a few pictures of the old Children's Home, and several other old landmarks on the way home.  This place has always been creepy...and even though it was broad daylight, I had hair standing on end just walking around the building taking pictures.  I am guessing there was much ritual abuse here...maybe even resulting in some deaths.  My brain kept wanting to know where the crematorium was!  This place is scheduled for demolition.  I say good riddance.  My parents liked to pull in the driveway, and tell us to get out.  It was their twisted sense of humor.  They usually followed this prank by taking us to the dairy queen that is a few blocks away.

No comments: