Monday, July 29, 2013

My 55th Birthday








In 2010 I bought a Kodak M340 digital camera at Odd Lots.  On Saturday it fell out of my purse, and I no longer can see what I am shooting at!  I now feel totally visually impaired for the first time in my life.  That may seem funny to those of you who know I have been blind in my left eye since age 19 months...I haven't ever known any other way of seeing.  It really hasn't been that much of a handicap for the most part, unless you consider the folks who think I can see them, and continue running me over because they assume I will get out of their way.  Most of the accidents I have ever survived have been on the left side of my body.
I was told in college that I use the camera as my missing eye.  I now can see what my college professor meant when she said that.  I can not afford to replace this camera right now, and my grant writing will depend on getting good images.  I have to get my truck tags this month, so I won't be able to think about replacing the camera for a couple months at least.  The camera still works, but I won't be able to see what I am shooting at.  It will be a sort of blind shot....pretty ironic.  Perhaps my higher power is trying to teach me something....if nothing more than taking the time to zip up my purse!

No comments: