Thursday, March 20, 2014

First Day Of Spring

















Today is the vernal equinox, or the first day of spring.  It is said that an egg can be balanced on end during this time.  Somehow the moon and earth are in alignment on this day.  I must confess that even though I have balanced an egg on end during this time in the past, I don't know that it wouldn't be possible to do that on any other day!  For sure today is different from all the other days that I have lived here on Eddy Street because today I woke up to home internet service.  It is going to be a life changing event.  It has been a long time coming as there were billing disputes with my service provider that were tied in with my Paul Drive address (which I went to court over for two years).  Time Warner billed me for 3 months internet service 3 months after I moved, and I was not going to start up any internet service while that error was on my credit report.  AT& T are not an option in this area, my landlord doesn't want a dish on this apartment, so I had to dig my heels in and dispute the bill, show receipt and wait for it all to be corrected.  It was a hardship, but I don't use a service when the service is not able to keep their accounts strait.  Most people would just go ahead and pay it even though they didn't owe it.  I am not like that.  I am stubborn and I will go to any lengths to get things straitened out.
  I used the library computer in the interum.  I made lots of friends and even sold one of my feathers on eBay using the library public computer.  Being an eBay seller these days is very tricky and I would not recommend using the library to launch auctions as patrons are limited to one hour.  EBay sellers must be able to field questions, and with only an hour a day, too much time passes to check auctions and often the session gets timed out before eBay business can be completed.  Be that as it may, I wanted to know if it was possible, so I tried it.  I posted one silver feather for 8 weeks, and it finally sold.  Today, I am editing pictures and starting the process of giving myself more options.  Happy Spring dear readership.  Don't waste the day.  There really could be something to all that stuff about balancing an egg because the earth and moon are aligned.  For sure there is more to balance than not just falling over! 

No comments: