Monday, September 16, 2013

Modification Is The Key














Brian chose his knife style because he liked my meteorite knife.  His knife right now is almost twice as long as mine, so I will have to cut it down.  Also, I found a nicer, thicker piece of brass to use as the blade guard.  I won my eBay auction, and will be getting his black walnut knife scales in the mail or UPS in a few days.  Black Walnut is a good choice as the ebony I had left from the meteorite knife was stolen when I moved from Paul Drive.  I have been trying to get over all that, but it seems like every time I turn around, I find something I need that was stolen, or ruined by that whole situation.

I decided to sharpen my own scissors, and woodcarving tools, as I am sharpening the knives of my friends.  The woodcarving knife works perfectly for trimming up my leather sheath.  I found a rusty old leather needle that I cleaned up, and will use for some of the stitching in the sheath, and I found my beloved Arkansas stone!  I don't seem to have traditional leather working tools, so I am improvising and using what I already have.  I should be well on my way to having the cable knife finished and photographed by mid-week.  There is a Friday deadline for the Artist Online Registry show next Friday.  I am having difficulty with getting into the system in order to apply, and have contacted the folks who set it up to troubleshoot the process.  Since I am writing this on Sunday, to be published on Monday, I may be on my way to another artistic opportunity.  Keep your fingers crossed for me, I am working hard, and having the time of my life.


No comments: