Thursday, September 12, 2013

Break Down














I was in the middle of grinding and polishing Brian's dagger this morning when my grinder seized up.  Instead of taking it to the repair shop (I couldn't even venture a guess where in Newark to take it), I took it apart and found that a screw had vibrated out, and stopped the grinding wheel.
It cost me a half hour, but I am glad I went ahead and tried this myself, as I am not sure that someone would not have tried to tell me I needed a new grinder.  Happens all the time.  I have had this grinder for almost 20 years, and it works like a little charm:)
There is a light gouge near the tip, that needs some more work.  I began work on it yesterday, and I profiled the blade today.  This blade is the first of hopefully many Christmas orders.

No comments: