Sunday, September 15, 2013

Charging Up My Camera Batteries














I am presently charging up my camera batteries, so I can not show you the progress on Brian's knife this morning as I had planned.  Nor can I show you the makeshift saw table I made this morning.  I have needed shelving in my basement for several months.  I have guy friends who pretend to help, but don't.  My girlfriends, are helpful, but are busy right now.  This morning, I reached a point where I decided I would do this without my guy friends, and before my girlfriends even got out of bed.  In fact, I cut my shelving just as the sun was coming up.  It was scarey...but I am tired of waiting.  I didn't take any risks.  I clamped my boards down to my kitchen table.  Someday, I will build saw horses.
The camera batteries are charging in a port on the public computer.  In absense of a picture of any thing I am doing, or have already done today, I will show you a dagger that is very much like the one I am making.  So please imagine this dagger without the copper rivets.  In fact, the black walnut handle is so pretty, that my rivets will be hidden, and inside the handle. Also, imagine both the pommel and the blade guard in brass instead of steel.  I will be contacting Brian today, to find out if this knife is to be carried as I believe it is illegal in Ohio to carry a knife any longer than 4 inches.  It would be a shame to have to cut Brian's knife if I don't have to.
I don't like to put the cart before the horse, but lately it has been necessary.  I believe I will be back here on Sunday, to check on and pay for my eBay auction, but I don't know for sure.  At any rate, I am prepublishing this blog on Saturday, so that if I don't make it in on Sunday, there will be something to look at.  Certainly by Monday, I will have the camera charged and new pictures to share.

No comments: