Thursday, September 26, 2013

Blast From The Past























One of the knives that I have made in the past is this boot dagger for Bonnie B.  This has an Ash handle because Bonnie wanted a white handled knife.  I made two of them originally, and didn't finish the second one.  It would be very easy to just finish mine, but for some reason I have not been able to bring myself to do it.  I have all the pieces.  It would be as simple as hammering in two rivets.  I haven't seen Bonnie since then, and I forgot the superstition in relation to knives.  Supposedly, a coin should be involved in the trade.  While I am waiting for my rivets in the mail, and while I am searching for a real brass hex bolt for Brian's knife, maybe I will finish my own boot dagger.  It is my hope that my friend Bonnie is doing well, and that the ash handle held up.  I have not seen one knife handle made out of ash...so I am skeptical. 

No comments: