Monday, September 24, 2012

Last Square

I finished the final six squares Sunday afternoon.  All I need to do to finish is to figure out my signature square that will go in the bottom right corner.  I ran out of nails (copper weatherstripping nails) so I am going to have to hold off riveting this down to the back board.  Still though, I will be able to play around with the final arrangement and draw out my boundary lines so they will all fit together and line up.  I will be trying to make hinges tomorrow for my friends glasses.  I may have to make those from scratch as I can't find any of my old pairs around here.  I will also be cutting out some copper bracelets that will be for sale at Werkhaven.  They asked me to make them quite a while ago, and now I am ready to do it.  It is thrilling to think of my work being for sale in the very place I buy my supplies from.  They have been so good to me over the years.  Last Thursday they even fronted me the copper to make these.  I may as well stay busy till I can get my hands on some more nails.  It is always so hard to make ends meet that last 7 days of the month.  So much to do, and so little time as they say!









No comments: