Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Byproducts














The recycle signs are a byproduct of the tin project.  Nothing goes to waste in my studio.  Rusty old files can be cut and shaped into shiny new knives.  Leftover tin can be cut into letters.  This one is already sold and I need to cut a piece of wood for my next one so that I always have one for sale.  I love the recycle signs because they are pure profit.  The pile of wood was laying out by the dumpster.  The leftover metal lids and tin from the quilt project are ideal for lettering.  These make excellent Christmas presents for people who recycle.  So don't throw those Smucker's jar lids away.  Even ravioli cans make great letter E's.  I can't remember when I have ever had this much fun doing what I love to do best, and recycling the recycling!  I may just try to get a grant to do more of this, and to teach others how to do this.  And to think, it all started two winters ago with a hubcap.

No comments: