Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I Now Possess All The Law Books
















That's right!  These 4 law books are the only books in Newark about small claims court and landlord tenant law!  Two of them I had to order through inter-library loan!  I am both happy to say and sad, that I have all 4 of them this week.  I pity the person in this county that might have a worse case to prepare for than I do.  I spent Monday night writing my summary, and Tuesday writing the summary of my summary, as my X landlord exceeded the maximum limits of violations of her own lease, and Ohio law.  2 pages of the heinous account is not a summary by my definition, so I am going to have to make it leaner.  None of these 4 books contain a definition of summary judgement which is the little trick her attorney tried to pull (unsuccessfully) on May 2nd to get the trial circumvented.  Our local law library is locked to the public and you have to have a key and permission to use it.  I have no idea what hoops one would have to go through to obtain that permission, but suspect it may have something to do with all the bars on the town square being closed down and only one allowed to be in operation.  I say this half jokingly...but there used to be 12 bars on the square and now there is only one (also a strip club) and it is purportedly owned by a judge!  I am grateful that my court case is in Columbus to say the very least.  I am saddened that I have to stop working on my metal quilt in order to prepare. 

No comments: