Friday, April 6, 2012

Syd's New Chair

Syd and I have found a new (vintage) chair.  This man put it out by the dumpster as I was driving by.  It is in great shape, sturdy, and with a little upholstery cleaner it will be almost as good as it was when it was new.  I figure this piece is from the early 50's.  The man was cleaning out his attic when I happened by.  He had another one of these that was older and the carving was better, but it wasn't nearly as sturdy so I left that for the next lucky person to take home.  Syd took to the chair right away and tomorrow I will shoo him off long enough to put the cleaner on and let it soak in.  I lost some furniture in October that I am trying to counter sue for in small claims court.  It is nice to know that the universe will provide me with what I need in the meantime, and that perhaps it will be a better fit, more comfortable, and better made!  Syd thinks so.

No comments: