Friday, April 27, 2012

Cultural Conservers Foundation














I got an email yesterday saying the Cultural Conservers Foundation did not get it's non profit status and funding.  I hope they leave up the website for a few more weeks till I can download all the wonderful information that has been on the site.  My flash drive is too small for all of it!  The Cultural Conservers Foundation was started by John Michael Greer who writes The Archdruid Report.  Here is John Michaels email for those of you who may wish to get a hold of these materials.

Greetings all,

It's been a while, and I'm sorry to say that I don't have good news. The Cultural Conserver Foundation has not been able to obtain 501(c)3 nonprofit status from the US government, and the board has decided that lacking that, the foundation structure really isn't any kind of advantage for us. While I still believe that cultural conservation has a crucial role to play in shaping the future, our efforts will be better directed through other venues.

For that reason, we've voted to dissolve the corporation and, per the requirements of our bulaws, donate our remaining funds to an existing nonprofit engaged in cultural conservation work. (The board is in the final stages of settling on a recipient as I write this.)

Since this list has basically been dead for more than a year, I've asked the list moderator to close it down in a few days. The Green Wizards forum at www.greenwizards.org remains up and running, and I'd like to encourage listmembers interested in cultural conservation to take further conversations there.

I would like to thank all of you for your support and encouragement in this project. Not every seed that gets planted bears fruit, but I hope that many of us have learned something from the experience nonetheless.

With my best as always,

JMG

No comments: