Saturday, July 31, 2010

EBay Auction


Blogroll Me!
I won an eBay auction the other day for this set of drill bits and stand. This was a response to not being able to buy a drill bit last summer that was made in USA. Everything at Lowes was made in China. Everything at Ace Hardware store...made in China.
This antique drill bit stand is cast iron steel and nickle plated. If I take care of it I will never have to buy a Chinese made drill bit again. The company that made this was
Standard Tool Company of Cleveland Ohio. The company started in 1908 and thrived until the 1980 recession. It seems that there may be a remnant of the company that still exists in a very limited capacity... 40 employees or so. Times are tough again. There is an attempt to revive the auto industry. There is a need for well made tools for those of us who don't like to use cheap tools that break. It would be great to see us start making things here in America again. In the meantime I can buy America by shopping thrift stores, antique malls, and attending auctions. I am attending an auction today in Sunbury Ohio.

1 comment:

Sue's News said...

Please put a link on your blog from my friend Ginger's "Virtual American Store"; see it on the right side of my blog. All of the items are Are American-MADE!