Monday, October 27, 2014

Honoring The Maple Tree Today
















As I become dangerously low on recycled paint and the paint from the in kind donations, I turn to nature herself for my final colors.  If you have been following my blog for awhile you probably noted the tremendous impact the city s massive tree killing campaign.  I watched many giants needlessly put to death.  My soul grieved.  Today I honor the maple.  She who has sheltered and provided shade and protection for the most of my life.  When the paint is all gone, I will turn to what I have to work with that won't require the purchase of anything.















This is a maple leaf from my backyard that I glued flat onto the copper.  It can be cut out, forged, etched, patina added.  Sometimes we don't have to use a sketch...we can go direct:)

No comments: