Saturday, November 30, 2013

Highly Recommended












David Boye wrote the first book I ever read about knifemaking.  This is a book that I would highly recommend if you want to make a good knife.  Today, I am taking care of other business, but I stopped in the library to see if David's book is waiting on the shelf for inner-library loan.  It wasn't in, and I am not willing to finish this knife without reviewing his book first.  One of these days I will buy my very own copy of Step-by-Step Knifemaking You Can Do It.  Our library used to own a copy of this book, but it is in some lucky persons discard collection.  The books that I cherished so long ago are vanishing every day for the more currant and sadly less useful books.  It really seems like the powers that be are gradually trying to dumb us down, rather than feed us critical thinking skills.  Where is David Boye now days, and what would he think about the less useful books that have replaced his book?  I googled him and found a more currant picture in the desert, and with a industrial sized belt sander.  At least I think it is a belt sander?

No comments: