Monday, August 25, 2014

Why Is This News To Anybody?














According to The Huffington Post...
 YOUR CELLPHONE IS TRACKING YOU “Makers of surveillance systems are offering governments across the world the ability to track the movements of almost anybody who carries a cellphone, whether they are blocks away or on another continent. The technology works by exploiting an essential fact of all cellular networks: They must keep detailed, up-to-the-minute records on the locations of their customers to deliver calls and other services to them. Surveillance systems are secretly collecting these records to map people’s travels over days, weeks or longer, according to company marketing documents and experts in surveillance technology.

The Government issued me a free cell phone in 2010 called a Safelink.  It has always seemed to me the very best way to track criminals.  It is better than wearing a leg bracelet in terms of law enforcement.  So pay attention to what comes next dear readers.  Do law enforcement have a right to search your cell phone when they suspect you of a crime?  Do they need a search warrant?  If you are caught buying and selling drugs for example, can they trac all your customers and stops, and even link your vehicles GPS?  I think so.  I have always thought so.  In fact it was the very first thought I had about cell phones when I saw my first one in the early 90's.  Since then, I have observed the throwaway used by most of the criminals I have ever met.

Between cell phone technology and Social Networking it is possible to locate just about anyone you might want to find.  What I don't understand is why anyone would pay for this infringement?

No comments: