Sunday, August 24, 2014

Out And About












It has been well over a month since I ventured to do laundry, as I had to purchase truck tags this month.  I have run out of options for clothing for the next week.  I remind myself that driving is a privilege and so monetary sacrifices have to be made to sustain the privilege.  It has not been my intention to stay in Newark, so I have not looked into buying a washer until now.  Perhaps with winter looming before us, I should consider buying a used one, or at least trying to find a lay a way plan.  Jeff's Laundromat is the closest place to do my laundry.  I find, that I have no other business on that end of town.  Clean laundry is a luxury for me this month, and it may very well be the case for September as well.  My birthday is a sad occasion because of the financial burden my truck tags cause me annually.  How ironic that my 16th birthday was the occasion for obtaining my drivers license and like many associated with freedom.  The ability to legally drive though is just the beginning of a financial reality that is and has been just within reach.  No more, no less.

No comments: