Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Quilt Of Elizabeth Brim Comes To Newark



















This is what the display looks like as of Saturday morning.  I added one of my "recycle" signs.  The reception is Tuesday August 6th, 6-8pm, at the Newark Public Library room B (right inside the front entrance).  The Newark Advocate ran a notice Friday...so I am expecting a good crowd.  I hope to see you there.  If you can't come to the reception, The Quilt Of Elizabeth Brim will be on display on the 2nd floor for the whole month of August along with several other pieces from the Accessible Expressions tour.  The library Foundation center resource center, The Ohio Arts Council grant that I was awarded made this entry possible.  It happened pretty quick.  I got word of the grant December 19th, and entered the show by borrowing the entry fee...the grant arrived, and I paid my friend back the entry fee money.  Had I not gotten the grant, it is not likely that I would have entered the show.  Had I not used the libraries grant writing center, I most certainly would not have applied for the grant.  The news paper erroneously printed that the metal quilt was made as a result of the grant, and as a result of the Foundation center.....not quite true as The Quilt Of Elizabeth Brim was a commissioned piece....it was finished before the grant application...so....once again the Newark Advocate doesn't quite get their facts in order.  No surprise to me, as they have yet to retract the errors they printed last August about The Granville Labyrinth project of 1995!  Most everyone I know calls it the Newark Aggravate!

No comments: