Monday, August 26, 2013

Oldie But Goodie


OK...so I am scanning old photos today.  This is my second attempt to get this onto my blog.  Anybody know how to flip it around so I can actually use it to submit for an art show or something?  I have been here 3 hours, and it seems like I haven't gotten anything done.  Some days are like that.  My weakness in terms of the grant writing is that I don't have good photos.  This photo was a pretty good photo....but Staples at the time was not able to get a good resolution in terms of a post card.  I am hoping after all these years that this library will be able to do what Staples could not do in 1997....and maybe I can put this photo in the Ohio Artist Registry instead of the one I have in there now!  So much to do, and it seems not enough hours in the day to do them.

I am out of glue, so the knife sheath is on hold till I can come up with some money to get it.  The all purpose cement that I used up, I got over 20 years ago from a craft store that was on Mt. Vernon Ave.  I sure do miss that place, and the old woman who ran it out of her house.  I am sure Hobby Lobby, and Michaels will not be able to take that old womans place.  She was in her 80's the last time I saw her.  It was right across the street from Bobby's Guitars, which is also out of business!  I guess nothing really goes all that well on that corner in that area....unless it is a carry out, or a tatoo parlor.  I am not sure why....it is the three C Highway.....back in the day it was thriving!
  OK....gotta get back to work.  I hope to be able to repost my meteor picture some day soon....and I hope to post this cable knife finished some day soon.  I picked up some feathers on the ground today, and am playing around with how to hang them....it all seems to be pointing to glue, and I don't have any glue today.  Maybe tomorrow, I will jump back over to paint and canvas.....I don't need fire, or glue for those....now that I got Mars Black there might be no end to what I can paint!
 

No comments: