Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hanging The Show Today

The Accessible Expressions Ohio tour has arrived at the Licking County Library this morning.  Morgan Green from The Ohio Art Council brought the art.  Also in the photo is the librarian Deirdra McIntire who has been most helpful in my artistic process this summer.  The show will remain throughout August, and the reception will be August 6th in room b here at the library.  I have invited 366 people through Facebook.  I don't expect everyone to attend, but I just wanted all my friends to share the glory with me this month.  My piece, The Quilt Of Elizabeth brim took 3rd place in the emerging artist category.  I was so pleased, and surprised!  It was a great day, after a tumultuous time.  I have felt so empowered this year due to the support of The Ohio Art Council...and my librarians.  I fondly call refer to them "my librarians".  I don't know what I would do without each and every one of them!

No comments: