Monday, August 27, 2012

Gentleman's Bow Tie















I began working on the 10 or 11 metal squares remaining for the metal quilt replica last weekend.  My friends from Washington Court House brought me a lavender bucket that I promptly cut up into a square and a bow tie.  I broke down and took the shears to my dry mustard and added it to the whole mix.  A delightfully discovery in Foxfire 1 (the first in the series), was that this quilt pattern was called Gentleman's bow tie, and there is even a diagram of it.  I knew those books were full of information that I could use either now, or in the future, but I didn't have the time to read them when I had them before.  If you haven't read the Foxfire books, do so, they are a wealth of knowledge that is disappearing from our planet because the people of that generation did not learn by reading and they didn't write what they knew down either.
  The power company has yet to show up and the construction job is finished, so I am curious as to how they are going to find out about the power theft at my apartment without the power cord coming out of the beauty shop.  But I am hopeful that there are ways to get to the bottom of this aside from catching them red handed.  I did find a breaker in the basement that doesn't go to any place in my house, so that is something.  I also snapped a bunch of pictures of wires that mysteriously go through a common wall from my power box to the adjoining space.  Hopefully this will all work out and I will get a power refund or credit.  I don't really care if they get prosecuted or not as long as I don't have to pay for something that isn't mine or my responsibility.

No comments: