Saturday, August 4, 2012

New Gizmo


















I got a wonderful birthday present last month called a Linksys AE1000 High Performance Wireless Adapter.  Apparently this gizmo can get my home computer up and running on the internet.  I have not been successful at finding a signal that is not locked though, so I am hoping there is something I can add that will give me some more "hotspots" without padlocks to choose from.  This technology has escaped my knowledge up till now, otherwise I would have taken the bull by the horns and gotten one the first time Lori and I had trouble paying our internet bill.  We had our internet through the phone company, and when we were late on our payment they shut off our internet...but not our phone.  Dear reader you may remember that when I moved out of Lori's house, Lori's phone and internet was still in my name resulting in her running up a $150 phone bill after getting Time Warner Cable to install her internet fix.  I had gotten new service at my new place, and we spent an hour on the phone transferring everything.  Of course she didn't pay the bill, and of course even though I took her to court, she still has yet to pay that bill!  I marvel that there seems to be ways around everything. Patience dear reader, I am tunneling out!

No comments: