Thursday, July 5, 2012

Test Run

Syd and I made it through the power outage just fine.  I had plenty of candle power and my refrigerator was almost empty anyway.  We survived on cheese in a spray can, flat bread, and summer sausage, peanut butter and jam.  Friends stopped by with meat from their grills and there seemed to be plenty of  semi cold beer.  I had no cash when we lost power and no means of getting any until ATM machines came back up.  I figure this was just another one of those test runs for times when the grid goes down for weeks at a time.  I actually worked in my studio without power the first day.  I hand drilled and made rivets.  It was harder, but I mastered it within a few minutes and the natural light in there was perfect for working.  I missed the stove, the refrigerator and the ceiling fans.  I missed the DVD player and my library movie time.  I really missed ice water!  I finally got hold of some cash on the 3rd and bought a bag of ice.  I dropped off some of it to a friend on the way home, and by the time I got back with the ice, the power was on. 

No comments: