Tuesday, May 27, 2008

3 Blue Bowls

















I got to visit my Grandmother who is 90 this Memorial weekend. While I was in the area I returned a borrowed book and visited my friend DD. Here are 3 bowls that nest "somewhat" that I gave to my friend DD last Christmas. These were my first attempt at doing a "series" of bowls, and I forgot to take a photo of them way back then.

DD's flower garden in the background enhances these glaze colors. I took notes on these bowls when I made them. But unfortunately these stock glazes have been discontinued by The Cultural Arts Center.

All is not lost though, because I am at a new place that has little restriction on experimentation. And I will have to experiment again in order to come up with something similar to the aqua that is on the inside and the royal blue on the outside. It is doubtful though that I will ever come up with the exact formula, or the exact firing conditions and variables that created these 3 bowls.

Check out my Ceramic Slide Show all the way to the bottom of this blog page.
Blogroll Me!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: