Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fringe Benefits


There are many pluses to having my temporary workspace at my friends body shop.  I am thrilled that I get to observe larger metalwork in progress.  Last weekend my friend Tom straitened out my back bumper with his bumper bar that works on the fulcrum process.  Now I can hook up a trailer, cart, boat, or small U-Haul to my little truck and get even more versatility.  I plan on doing some camping in the spring, so having the capacity to pull my gear behind me will allow me to add a mattress to my truck bed as I am finding that the older I get the less I can handle sleeping on the ground.  I helped my friend stack firewood the day he gifted me with his skills and knowledge of metal manipulation.  I marvel at the similarity of my small tools for jewelry making and his larger tools for body work!

No comments: