Thursday, August 25, 2011

Syd's Newest Spot

Syd has a new spot as of today.  Yesterday, I finally got a copy of my credit report.  I am entitled to a free one every year.  Lately I have been applying for housing and filling out rental applications and many prospective landlords use the credit report to determine whether or not to rent to me.  I was very annoyed that prospective landlords had more access to that report than I did.  Imagine my surprise to learn that I have only one blemish on that report and it is the phone bill from last year that Lori didn't pay.  We of course put the phone in my name in order to get the discount that is offered to people with disabilities.  Ironic that Lori is my previous landlord and that she has mucked up my credit report.  So not only may prospective landlords contact her to find out if I paid rent on time, but she is the reason I have a collections agency after me.  Of course they are not calling me here because she kept the phone number.  Prior to renting from her sister on Deming, Lori stiffed her previous landlord.  In order to clean up my own credit report I will have to pay Lori's unpaid phone bill.  It will still be on there for 24 months after I take care of it.  I believe that I could get a judgement through small claims court and I may very well have to pursue this matter.  It is clear to me that even though I would never use a credit card, or borrow money, the credit report can harm me even when the debt is not mine.  Ironic as hell that the two women that I have to list as previous landlords have both screwed me over.  I wouldn't trust either of them to tell the truth to a future landlord.  In the meantime, Syd sleeps happily under the computer monitor unaware of deceptive women, credit reports, overdue bills.  Such a life he has.

No comments: