Sunday, August 21, 2011

Peak Oil Blues

Kathy McMahons is a self defined peak oil shrink, and she has a website called site Peak Oil Blues that I look at from time to time.  This is a recent interview on a program called Peak Moment which I subscribe to religiously.  Coming to terms with the reality of peak oil in the midst of a society that is in complete denial can be socially isolating.  To my knowledge Kathy McMahon is the only psychologist addressing the issues.  I have blogged her before, but never contacted her in person.  My X had a extreme reaction to Kathy's picture in the downloads of our shared computer.  I often think how different the outcome would have been had Lori come to terms with peak oil and how my emotional well being could have been preserved had only I had some sort of support.  Ironically, Lori works for a peakist these days, so I would guess her denial is constantly put in check.

No comments: