Tuesday, August 23, 2011

eBay Sale


I sold one of my silver feathers on eBay yesterday.  This morning I packed it up and shipped it to a fellow in Pennsylvania.  I think this means that I won't be moving my workshop until the very last minute as I am just now starting to supplement my income online.  Jewelry is one of the hardest items to sell on eBay as the buyer doesn't get to touch the piece before purchase.  I have found in my 20 plus years as a hobby silversmith, that if the buyer tries on the jewelry it is halfway to being sold.  It is my hope to be able to sell my classmates some of these silver feathers at our upcoming reunion.  I couldn't possibly make enough feathers ahead of time.  But if I wear some, have some for folks to handle, and also be able of offer a business card with my contact information, then I could be busy all winter making feathers for my old pals.  I had listed that feather in April, and re-listed it each time it did not sell.  I have lost count of how many times I listed it.  But even one sale may lead to other sales.  And this sale this week made my summer!  I went down to the cellar and swept my workspace, killed some spiders and got back to work!  Tomorrow I am going back in there and finishing up the work on the bench.  I will work right up till moving time.  And when moving day gets here, there is no reason I can't work a few hours at my workbench as well as move one truck load at a time.  Since I am not working up against an eviction, I can take my time and do it right.  Thank you everyone who already bought a feather from me.  You can look my eBay information by clicking any part of the link below.  It says I am a top 5000 reviewer but my rank is 1972.  I wrote reviews for eBay before I wrote for Yahoo news.  There may be some money in it for me someday.  If I get into the top 100 it would be quite an accomplishment.  So please read my reviews and please vote.
skymetalsmith ( 356Feedback score is 100 to 499)  About Me Top 5000 Reviewer

No comments: