Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Recycle Your PC At Freegeek













I started volunteering at Freegeek this week.  It is a wonderful program that keeps your old PC out of the landfill.  A volunteer like myself can volunteer 20 hours and then pick out a refurbished computer.  Freegeek was started in Oregon and the nearest one to Columbus is Chicago.  So I feel very fortunate to be able to replace the computer my X let me use with one that will allow me to return hers.  I will also learn how to wipe clean the hard drive.  So when I return Lori's computer to her, it will be ready for use again.  I am working with great people and I can come and go as I please.  I couldn't think of a better way to be able to have a computer and return one that I borrowed and....or course save the earth in the process.

1 comment:

Gail said...

This is great for you. I can help. I went to their website and read their pages. I have an old computer, monitor, printer, keyboard, to donate. Can you get credit for that if you brought those items in? The only downside I see is their requirement to use the U.L. OS. You should not be forced into it when Windows is so much better.