Sunday, February 23, 2014

Similar Buildings


























The Licking County Childrens Home (bottom) could have been Newarks Milo Arts Space (top).  It was demolished last year in spite of efforts to save it.  I took some pictures of it the day before the demolition.  I see the similarity of the two buildings, and how I have been drawn to both of them.  Both buildings are very castle like.  I have my sights of Milo again this year, although I think it is out of my reach.  My rent is about as low as you can go and still have all appliances, full bathroom, and room for all my stuff.  Studio spaces there are more than my monthly check, so it is not likely I will get there without a housing voucher....which is in the works.  I was very impressed with the spaces at Milo, it just has not been within my budget, when you count the cost of moving etc.  There should be an art council contest where the winner gets a whole year free rent at Milo.  I'm putting it out there.  The Universe is always on purpose!

No comments: