Thursday, May 2, 2013

No Opportunity Here



















The Greater Columbus Arts Council (GCAC) in partnership with the Columbus Museum of Art (CMA) is currently accepting applications for visual artists for its 2013 Visual Arts Fellowships. Artists must be a Franklin County resident for a minimum of one (1) year to apply for the fellowships and remain a resident for the grant period if selected as a recipient. While students are not eligible, artists may submit student work that is within the required timeframe. The application deadline is Friday, June 28, at 5:00 PM.
GCAC will award four (4) $5,000 fellowships in 2013. The Visual Arts categories are 2 and 3-dimensional visual arts, photography, and crafts. These awards, based on the quality of work created within the last three years, assist artists in the creation of new work and the advancement of their careers. Through the recognition of individual creative work and artistic enterprise, the Columbus area remains a vital place where artists can live and work.

I started gathering my painting supplies together yesterday to take with me on a short little day trip with my painter friend.  I have a heavy heart.  I know that there is little or no opportunity for me here.  My chair is the gathering place for my brushes, paint, canvas's, round pane of glass.  Who knows what I will come home with?

No comments: