Saturday, May 11, 2013

Homemade Scratching Post


















Syd has been working on this stump for quite a while.  He likes to keep his claws sharpened.  Better on the stump than my couch!  He has been grieving the loss of Rubio, and the mother and her kittens.  I confess that I don't know what to do about grief and depression for myself, let alone my cat.  I gave him cat nip last night and I sang to him.  That is, I sang his name to him in several songs....making it up as I went.  He seemed to be much better after that.  It is one of the many joys of living alone....I don't have to worry that my partner will think I am crazy for singing to my cat!  I don't have to answer to anyone or anything.  I even unplugged my alarm clock recently....out of rebellion!  I wake up when I wake up....go to sleep when I am tired.  Syd and I like it just fine that way.  Today we are finishing up on my pueblo style pot.

No comments: