Saturday, November 12, 2011

Makeshift Workshop

Today, I finally get to set up a makeshift workshop and begin making my feathers for the holiday season.  I have no idea what my little spot will look like dear reader.  I just know it will be safe, dry, and warm.  The evil ones were able to shut down my operations for about 2 weeks.  I get the "consolation" prize though.  I get away from them once and for all.  I will be transporting my metal shop this morning and my woodworking shop this afternoon.  While it is unfortunate that I can not at this time have both at the same place, I am grateful to be able to have them at all.  The evil ones have no talent and have been jealous all along of my talent.  And rather than let me give my talent to the world, they would rather try to stop me from succeeding.  My landlord promised me a dry basement and she was not able to provide that.  Rather than fess up to her blunder, she evicted me.  On the journey she tried to get me to make her a $1000 piece of jewelry called Penelope's Web.  It was a worthy project, and a project I will put on the back burner for later times.  I am thankful I did not fall prey to her pursuits, and that she can't get her hands on such a powerful ornament that has not been brought into the world further than a drawing.  Today, I will concentrate on holiday feathers and Brenda Thomas's initial key.  Hopefully, I haven't forgotten anything vital to the two pursuits.  But if I have, all is not lost.  My tools and supplies are finally safe, and dry and out of the clutches of the evil ones.  It was a close call, but far from the mark as they were only able to force me into doing something I had to do to save my workshop.  I bought several months of time, and I carefully planned my every move.  That is what unbending intent looks like, when it is up against evil.  Evil goes to sulk in a corner, and lick it's wounds, while the band plays on!

2 comments:

Jo Redfeather said...

WOW!!!! You have truly lost it! You are almost as weird as Carlos Castaneta. He was not only weird but a total fraud. In The Power and the Allegory, De Mille compared The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge with Castaneda's library stack requests at the University of California. The stack requests documented that he was sitting in the library when allegedly his journal said he was squatting in Don Juan's hut. One discovery that de Mille made in his examination of the stack requests was that when Castaneda was alleged to have said that he was participating in the traditional peyote ceremony—the least fantastic episode of drug use—he was sitting in the UCLA library and he was reading someone else's description of their experience of the peyote ceremony. Other criticisms of Castaneda's work include the total lack of Yaqui vocabulary or terms for any of his experiences.

skymetalsmith said...

I take that as a compliment Red Feather...being as weird as Castaneda that is. I have read De Mills rants in addition to the Castaneda series. True magicians do not give up the tricks of their trade nor the identity of their sources. As far as you calling me a fraud. I forgive you. I am the real deal. I make a real magical ornament now and again, and I don't have to prove myself to you. I just have to make a plan and stick to my path in the face of opposition at times. Just like Castaneda. I draw "real" strength and knowledge from the myths spun by Castaneda about Don Juan. I am saddened that you can't see the truth in fiction. It is an ability, not a hinderance. I assure you I haven't lost that ability. Truth is stranger than fiction. But the truly blind can not see, even if their sight is restored. So the beat goes on anyway Mark, fraud or no fraud, sight or no sight, truth or fiction.