Friday, November 25, 2011

Damaged Tools

These silver smithing and knife making files were in toolboxes up off the basement floor at my Paul Drive Studio.  I have collected them and lovingly took care of them for about 15 years.  It would cost me hundreds of dollars to replace them and I wouldn't be able to replace them all at once.  As I set up my new metal workspace I am finding more and more damage to my tools and equipment due to the flooding and damp environment for the last year.  It is my belief that I can salvage most of these files with some TLC and PB Blaster.  I do so hope Nesley and I can go to court where I can present the evidence of my reasoning for not paying her rent those last couple months I was trapped there.  Hopefully I will be able to show my dear readers an after saving the files picture.  Hopefully I got out of there in the nick of time.  Because of the shape of these files, I can pretty much guess that the corrosion in the wiring in that same basement was causing my outlets not to function and my power tools rendered unusable because of the dampness.  I have never been so happy to get out of a place in my life!

No comments: