Thursday, September 8, 2011

Silver Theft


The other day my cat Syd got frightened and started twitching his tail and jumping out of the window.  He went from door to door and I decided to look outside only to see the landlord and her best friend Paula Jean.  They were here unannounced for like the umpteenth time.  They put fake eviction notices on all three of my doors.  I had been working in the studio earlier and was taking a break for lunch while my newest feather was in the pickling solution.  Apparently the two women decided to help themselves to a $50 piece of silver laying on my workbench.  The workshop was locked and there is no other explanation as to how that piece of metal come up missing.  I had carefully explained to the landlords lawyer that I needed assurances that neither she or her workmen would come here without 24 hour notice as I have a lot of valuable tools and materials in my workshop and in my home.  It seems that too many of them have keys.  I wrote a grant from The Ohio Arts Council in order to move my studio here and so it really ticks me off that there is no way to secure it.  Indeed, I have to secure it from some of the very people who helped themselves to some of that grant money. It is ironic to say the very least.  I had caught the landlords workman trying to make off with my push broom the last time he was here, and prior to that the work crew helped themselves to a neighbors ladder.  From what I can tell these people don't seem to have any boundaries.  I filed a better business complaint, and have sent copies to the Mifflin police department.  I called the landlords attorney the other day when I realized the silver had come up missing because I am certain that he has told her that she needs to give notice prior to coming over here.  If he hasn't told her that she needs to give me notice before coming over here, then he isn't a very good attorney.  She is breaking the law and I intend to pursue this matter when we go to court.  I think I may be able to counter claim her eviction for the grant money that I used to get here in the first place.  So that was a real stupid move girls.  Hey girlz, did you happen to read that when you deliver a 5 day eviction notice you need to have an impartial 3rd party witness it, or it will be thrown out of court?  Your buddy Paula Jean is not an impartial 3rd party.  Your attorney is going to have to attest to the court that you have conducted yourself in a legal manner throughout this whole process.  That includes not coming to this property unannounced, stealing, breaking kilns, and scaring cats.  I can't wait till we all go to court where your behavior will be exposed and your fraudulent antics seen for what they are!  This blogs for you!

No comments: