Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hobby Locksmith


Last weekend I wanted to attend Hot Times Community Festival but found I could not as I was concerned about the security of my house.  I got online and ordered some new keys for each of the locks and rekey tools in order to reconstruct the lock mechanism.  I changed three locks and am the only one who has the keys.  It took me a couple days to get the supplies and tools by mail, and an hour of my time to rekey the doors.  The total cost was around $100.  I would hate to think what it will cost to rekey these locks after I leave as I won't just turn them over without payment for them.  Perhaps the landlord will just have to change all the locks.  Of course my changing the locks are a response to the landlord showing up umpteen times without calling, menacing in one way or another.  When the piece of silver disappeared off my workbench the last time she was here, I had had enough.  I no longer believed that she or her attorney were going to follow the law or the  lease.  After finding out that he (her lawyer) had been disbarred for 8 counts of fraud and misconduct, I became more resolute that both landlord and lawyer were two peas in the same pod.  I realized he would not discourage her unethical tactics or theft.  I look forward to taking my receipts to court and exposing their unlawful behavior to a judge.  Until then though, she will have to break a window to get in here.  If she does that, she will have a breaking and entering charge to contend with in addition to her other misdeeds.  In the meantime, I have a new hobby!

No comments: