Friday, September 16, 2011

Central Ohio Breathing Association

I am preparing for a home visit from The Breathing Association today.  They paid half my outstanding utility bills this summer and gave me an air conditioner.  They work with HEAP who had granted me a full weatherization grant.  I am confident that I will be able to show them the construction debris that is still in my heating ducts left over by the workmen last summer.  I will be able to use their report in court against my landlord who has been negligent in addition to fraudulent.  In all fairness to the workmen who left the plaster, sawdust, and lumber in the heat ducts; she had told them she would be replacing the furnace.  So while they were deconstructing the old house, they did not cover the heat ducts.  This has resulted in poor air quality when the furnace blower blows all the building debris back out into the house.  My landlord had promised to send a company out to clean this up and replace the furnace filter last November.  But like most of her promises, this didn't happen and my health was compromised.  I don't own a vacuum cleaner, but I borrowed my x's vacuum cleaner last fall and attempted to suck some of this out resulting in ruining her vacuum.  So what I couldn't get up out of there has just been blowing around in the house each and every time the furnace kicks on.  This has been a very major issue for me resulting in a diagnosis this spring of COPD and the necessity of an inhaler.  Why my landlord would not authorize  the weatherization grant that would have replaced the faulty furnace would seem quite a mystery to most people.  Not to me.  She put a for sale sign out in the yard in May four months before the lease expired.  She never intended for me to live here 5 years before selling the house as she had promised.  If she let them weatherize this place, she would have to pay them back for the weatherization upgrades which can get into thousands of dollars.  This house has been appraised at 16,500 and she is attempting to sell it for 45,000!  What arrogance and grandiosity!  Whats more, she hasn't bothered to transfer title from her mothers name, nor paid the taxes.  Someone who is this irresponsible and negligent should not be permitted to oversee rental property.  I am reminded that this place burnt Easter Sunday 1977 and there is still some evidence of that tragic fire throughout the structure.  Brenda Eastman and the family dog died in that fire.  The young man who survived that fire stopped by this summer and showed me the old newspaper clipping.  My landlords mother owned the property at that time and apparently remodeled it.  She was born here, and got possession of the house in 1960.  The history of title and deed transfer is on the County Auditor's website which I have studied extensively since this spring when I was first threatened with eviction for my "complaints".

  I am looking forward to my home visit with The Breathing Association people and a copy of their report.  It was a long harsh winter and a very hot summer with no spring.  I didn't get any relief till August when I finally got an appointment with The Central Ohio Breathing Association.  Their assessment of the air quality, and my pictures of the air ducts should be pretty compelling evidence to the court when the time comes.  Here is a link to The Central Ohio Breathing Associations Website.  If you have asthma or any  breathing disorder, I highly recommend these folks.  They saved my life this summer.

No comments: