Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rising Sun Carving


Blogroll Me!
I got a good start today (Monday) on my relief carving of the rising sun. It was just a board that I have been carrying around for awhile not knowing what it would be used for. And of course the book of The English Sunrise that I have also been carrying around for quite sometime. I just never know when something like this is going to emerge and converge. I guess the creative process is like a stew. It needs to cook for awhile! It was great to sit in with the old woodcarvers. They are a wealth of information and talent. Now that the empty bowls project is over, I can concentrate on my other projects. I am still waiting for a miracle grant from The Ohio Arts Council, so that I can get the Linden Metalsmith Guild up and operating.

No comments: