Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year High Resolution
















Syd and I were gifted a bran spankin new printer scanner a couple weeks ago.  This is going to make my library trips less necessary and less frequent.  As I reflect on 2014, I land upon it being a year of upgrading instruments having to do with sight.  I have known for quite some time that I am losing some sight, and instead of grieving over that fact that can not be changed, I take it to mean that I need to use what is left of my sight while I have it.  For sometime, I have wanted to digitalize my past photography.  The job was too overwhelming to take to the library where they have wonderful scanners and wonderful librarians to assist.  
This summer I was gifted with the best possible pair of glasses that money could buy, that my medical card would not purchase.  Rather than settle for something low quality, and fight with the system, I asked one of my friends to purchase them for me.  It took 3 appointments to get those, but I enjoy the best sight possible each and every day.  I am truly grateful for the generosity of friends who will help me see my way on this journey.  
Spring 2014 grant cycle enabled me to replace my camera that I had dropped the year before.  I look forward to sharing my vision and visionary projects with the world in 2015.  Happy New Year readership.

No comments: