Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Book Of Hopi












Yesterday, I was graced with a visit from my Choctaw sister friend Hapi.  She brought many gifts and showed me a copy of The Book Of The Hopi by Frank Waters.  She also gave me a beautiful endorcement for my upcoming grant application to The Smithsonian for a communtiy scholors program 2014.  I look forward to sharing the knowledge that this woman, this book, and the experiences we have and will "forge" as they unfold, and as I recall and write them here.  In the meantime, I ordered the book from our local library, but I suspect that I will want a personal copy of this book for my own collection.  My copy of Koyaanisqatsi was stolen from my truck during that terrible move and rental situation with Nesley Thomas (2108 Paul Drive Columbus Ohio) in addition to my painting, and the destruction of my kiln.  I was compensated for that kiln in my trial June 17th this year, but it does not replace the actual kiln.  It is doubtful that the theives would appreciate nor even comprehend Koyaanisqatsi.  It is likely that the theives were connected to Nesley Thomas as the helper that day remembers they were hovering around as we packed my truck.  I am constantly saddened by such pointless thefts and losses.  Indeed, it would seem that theives are stupid as my mother always said, while thinking themselves cleaver!  I went to great lengths to get Koyaanisqatsi, and I have no doubt that the universe in all her wisdom will find a way to get it back to me in some form.  I look forward to seeing in writing th prophesy's depicted in the film.  Who knows what art may come of it?

No comments: